Sutras of a Winesoaked Buddha

Dispatches from the Rucksack Revolution

Friday, November 17, 2006

Same Night Revisited

Go out somewhere new. In some roaring group. Or just wrangle lonesome. Find some wild bar or if short in the pocket: friend's apartment. And keep up the sleepless fight by means of 520 yen MAXIO genki drink. Keep with the wit. Keep out the wrinkles. Wear this but not with that. Dance. Goof. Remember all that silly glossy Men’s Health and Playboy advice! Look at her, but not at her…for too long anyways. Fresh breath, always fresh breath! All manner of recommendations on how to act and attract, but I can’t remember any of it and let loose and ‘cause I wanna drunk, I do!

And I do by orange juice and tequila.

And after the last dance in Roppongi, CRASH the genki potion wears off and everyone flees to coat lockers and then into the subways to avoid the judgmental and somehow parental crows that sound like my angry mother waking me up early in the morning with “Maaaaaaaaaaax Maaaaaaaax”. Go underground with the other late night refugees. Ghastly girls with strange chemical skin in miniskirts and suede Selfish Queen boots sit with dapper gents in refined flimsy hats leaning against white tiled subway walls. Sprawled. It’s early morning in West Tokyo and it’s full of friends and ringing ears.

These boots are actually say, "Selfish Queen" on them. This may be the only picture I put on this whole blog. Ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger K8 said...

Oh good, you found my boots. I've had to wear the one's that say "self-centered consort" all week.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home