Sutras of a Winesoaked Buddha

Dispatches from the Rucksack Revolution

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What's Going On? nothing

We talked about the war. Well not The The war (grandpa's), or The war (dad's) but our the war. The Iraq war. Before you know it, Im up on stage singin the beautiful antiwar anthem What's Goin On? And Im just diggin' and swawin' like down stud's dream (hustler supreme); the words are really getting to me and it..... just.....it just... makes me wanna halla, throw up both my hands... the Koda Kimi look-alike bar maid's heart is melting away the mascara layers, and she (too) thinks I'm terrific.. She absentmindedly traces the rope burns that won't heal. I really wanna be nice to her cause she deserves it. Kameda, noticing, tells me to go and talk to her, but I cant even tell her what foods I like, or when my birthday is, let alone be real real nice to her (nihongo de!!), plus “I, I I I I didn't have any money." And I tell him (Kameda) this fact (no$) and Kameda just whacks me on the head and tells me, "Ass~! How do you know she isn't out for love?" [last line stolen from Jack Kerouacs Beat Generation] And I just sit there like a jerk [also stolen same source, actually] and I feel bad, but He's right. And I know it and... wait but I'm on stage!! "We don't need to escalate, ya know, war is not the answer." The karaoke Golden Gate graphics on the screen can't break the spell-- cause Subarashi wonderful is on the tips of everyone's tongue. It’s the baggy construction boys at the bar, backs to me, who have no time! No time to decode foreign goofily goop regardless !REGARDLESS! of its meaning (which was, in fact, for only love can conquer hate). They have extra bridges and reinforced castles to span and they smug each other, for all the suitman in the room, they are the progressmen. Peacefully pushing forward. Even during the long du-du-du section (my high notes unable to...I dunno heighten.... as a high note should, but it passes in this land sooo un-high [and full of mayonnaise]). The whole bar is movin and its just real soulful even though I’m only feelin like I can sing! I can't sing. Why is this happening!! How is a white boy (with glasses) soulin' out, "What’s going on across this land," without being laughed off stage with a hook! JapanJake was right! Bluish-aura Jake (the snake) tellin’ me that, if you look like you’re diggin' it, then they'll dig it too but I've lost the point I was tryin' to make! See what I’m talkin’ about!! You get so siiiide tracked. And then the punctuation just slides out namely [shift+1] and you’re screamin' and just annoyin' and your use of commas is all out of wack and you put some in,,,,,,, ad hoc just for good measure [idea of comma use sort of stolen from Jack Kerouac's American Haiku].... But the song is gone.... and the gummy berry juice is gone...and the war is still on... and nothin's changed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Max, you're blowing my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if you collapsed at the end of that right there.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Geoff said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Man.

Max.

The Man Max.

Max Squared

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home